Monday, March 10, 2008

Completed Project: "Richard Caswell: A True Patriot"

Friday noon we shipped off A True Patriot to the first competition we're entering it in--we were racing to complete it before the deadline. After four 8AM-to-midnight days of editing, studio recording, and post-production, we finally exported it out to tape Friday AM. This is the first film I've shot in widescreen, and I really enjoyed the experience. I learned a lot while DPing and editing this film, as it has been a step beyond anything we've ever shot before. Shooting interviews/narration is especially hard as well--when you are both the narrator and the one lighting and shooting the scene.

The film will probably be released on DVD sometime late this spring, but I may be able to put together a short trailer before then. Hopefully a website and pictures will follow as well, but I'm already getting tied up in my next project...

IHS,

John Calvin

No comments: